Saturday, February 13, 2010

wetsuit blues

I am having trouble lasting more than an hour in this cold weather. I haven't had this trouble before and I wonder if it's my gear.

I read in some surf magazine "Wetsuits are so good now that if you get cold it's your own fault." Not true! It's not my fault! I am trying not to get cold!

I wonder if my 2-3 year old suits need to be replaced? They haven't got holes or rips, so why aren't they warm? I have two 6-4 O'Neills. My other O'Neills have lasted forever. But the 6-4s get far heavier use. Let's face it, we're in them six months of the year, which is why I have two. One's 2 years old and one's three. Is that too old? Do I need new ones?

It's the boots and gloves too. Do they just get too old? My fingers and toes get cold. OK, the gloves are quite old, maybe five years, but haven't seen heavy use. The boots are only one or two years old.

When do you need to replace your gear? Does it eventually just give up the ghost even if you can't see anything wrong with it?

5 Comments:

At Sunday, March 14, 2010 7:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had my wetsuits for 7 years and they don't seem to lose warmth protection really. It's a lot colder this year, that could be it.

 
At Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:42:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Taped and glued seams, yamamoto rubber, merino lining, mmmmm, custom fit can help alot too.

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 4:41:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags, nike shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach purses, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, air max, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:19:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 
At Sunday, December 26, 2021 4:22:00 AM, Blogger آدم said...


شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالاحساء

 

Post a Comment

<< Home