Saturday, March 17, 2007

The annual ski blog

I canceled my planned skurfing trip to Cali because of the warm weather there. Instead I chased up North to Vermont, where I have found powder heaven! Wi fi works in the hotel, phone doesn't--go figure.

I'll have more chances to go to California this year.

In a strange coincidence, this makes the third St. Patrick's Day in a row where I have been a) skiing b) in a snowstorm. Last two times were in Colorado, where, in another bizarre coincidence, I had the same ski instructor that day both years. He was a grizzled old guy with an Irish name. Both times, we got to talking about the book I was working on. That makes me kind of wish I had seen him again this St. Patty's so I could have told him the book is actually getting published! Well, due to the wonders of the internet, maybe grizzled old guy will read this. Chances are small, but what the hell. Hey old guy ski instructor from Steamboat, I'm the woman from New York in the powder blue jacket!