Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Buzzkill

I had a bad night's sleep, folks. Did you know that little doggies who have dog- Alzheimers wander around all night long in confusion? If they were 84-year-old humans they'd open the front door, wander two towns down and have to be brought back by the police. My dog simply walks around crashing into walls and everything else. I heard strange noises all night long. At one point she apparently knocked over the ironing board (good she didn't kill herself) and then peed on it. Such are the trials of caring for a 16 ¼- year old dog.

Does this have any relation to what transpired today in the water? I don't know.

I looked out and saw little one-foot waves, the kind I usually do well on. (I've never ridden a wave over one foot.) I was pretty confident, especially since I could see a couple of people out getting rides.

My third time out on the "new" board, I thought I'd easily figure it out in these conditions. Well, was I wrong. I don't know why, but nearly every time I tried to catch a wave, I'd see the nose start to go under; next thing I knew I was separated from the board and doing an underwater somersault, then coming up and grabbing the board before the next wave hit. I figured, OK, that tells me I need to be farther back on the board. I tried to get myself back more which was counter-intuitive; it would seem that on a longer board I should be farther forward than on my old one where I know to place my toes right on the tail. But I just couldn't figure out where to be. I guess, farther back than I ever was.

This big, heavy board is a lot harder to paddle out than a lighter one. I was getting kind of tired of the slug out, cause there were few if any lulls.

Once a wave is caught, though, the board is very fast and stable; that's why W. gave it to me. On the one wave I got correctly today, I was able to stand and ride even though I didn't get up right away; there is lots of time on this board to clamber to your feet, even using your knees (I know, I know) and still get a decent ride.

I usually don't spot-hop because it doesn't help, but today I tried three different spots and still couldn't get it. So after an hour or so, with the ratio of exhaustion to enjoyment leaning heavily towards exhaustion, I gave it up for today.

What a buzzkill; but wait, there's more.

A few of the younger (teens and early 20s) guys who are regular surfers out here make fun of me mercilessly because

A) I'm a woman
B) I can't really surf
C) I'm old enough to be their mother
D) I'm not "hot"
E)They can
F) No reason
G) All of the above.

I saw and was seen by two of the biggest assclowns today...the brothers. If you live here you know who they are.

Shortly afterwards, as I was getting out, another 20-something guy---I've never seen him before, I don't think---came up to me and started chatting in an overly friendly way. I thought he was a little weird but went along with it. It was a dumb beach conversation, leading up to "You know (Grandma), I think you're really very pretty." I started laughing my ass off, then for good measure added, "You're full of shit." I almost added that I knew he was put up to saying that by one of the assclowns, but didn't because I wasn't 100% percent certain. But later, I realized he had used my name...although I hadn't told him what it was. So I think it had to be the assclowns.

8 Comments:

At Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:31:00 PM, Blogger reverb said...

...1´is a little wave
but gal
nevermind
the only thing that count is the fun meter size...

...and to be pretty...well
if you grab your board, have the spirit, etc you re hot

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:47:00 AM, Blogger Bill Graber said...

Momma you need to get a crew together... because there is saftey in numbers... nobody will make fun of you if they think your crew will beat them up.
Rock on sista...

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:26:00 PM, Blogger KOROSXAGÓN said...

Ohhhh ! My uncle, live in Babylon, Long Island, and I'm a longboarder from Xagón Beach / Asturias / North shore of Spain / Europe.
This my blog:
http://xagonclassicrider.blogspot.com/
Sorry, but my english is very bad !
I'have a posibility to travel the next year to USA in Summer, but the uncle's house is for sale, posibility translate to West Palm Beach / Florida.
Aloha !

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 4:43:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags, nike shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach purses, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, air max, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:02:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face jackets, instyler, canada goose uk, chi flat iron, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, nike roshe run, ugg boots, marc jacobs, ugg australia, insanity workout, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose, canada goose, new balance shoes, rolex watches, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, babyliss pro, mac cosmetics, p90x, ugg pas cher, soccer jerseys, wedding dresses, moncler, beats by dre, hollister, canada goose jackets, ghd, ugg boots, vans shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, ugg, moncler outlet, moncler, moncler, celine handbags, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, longchamp

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:16:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face jackets, instyler, canada goose uk, chi flat iron, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, nike roshe run, ugg boots, marc jacobs, ugg australia, insanity workout, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose, canada goose, new balance shoes, rolex watches, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, babyliss pro, mac cosmetics, p90x, ugg pas cher, soccer jerseys, wedding dresses, moncler, beats by dre, hollister, canada goose jackets, ghd, ugg boots, vans shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, ugg, moncler outlet, moncler, moncler, celine handbags, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, longchamp

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2018 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Tamer Nasr said...

ارخص شركة مكافحة حشرات براس تنورة 0546970480 المستقبل

المستقبل
شركة مكافحة حشرات براس تنورة
مااكثر من الحشرات هذه الفترة ؟؟ان الحشرات كائنات مزعجة للغاية تسبب للانسان العديد من المشاكل التى لاحصر لها على الإطلاق فهي على سبيل المثال تكون للمصدر الاساسي في نقل الأمراض والأوبئة من مكان لاخر وبين الاشخاص ،ومن اخطر هذه الامراض هي التيفوئيد والكوليرا وحمى هض الفئران والعديد من الامراض الاخرى الخطيرة ،الحشرات اصبحت تنتشر في كل مكان لانها دائما تبحث عن المكان الذي يتوفر فيه الماكل والمشرب ،ان مكافحة تلك الحشرات تاخذ وقت كبير للغاية والهدهد زن الاشخاص يقوموا بصرف مبالغ هائلة مقابل او يقضوا على للحشرات المزعجة ولكن دون جدوي على الاطلاق ولكن مع المستقبل
ارخص شركة مكافحة حشرات براس تنورة
اصبح الحل موجود وباقل التكاليف سوف تتخلصون معنا من مشكلة الحشرات الضارة الناقلة للأوبئة والأمراض الخطيرة التى تعرض حياة للانسان للخطر فلاتقلق مع
شركة رش مبيدات براس تنورة

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2018 1:03:00 PM, Blogger Tamer Nasr said...


شركة الصيانة المنزلية بالمدينة المنورة شركة احباب طيبة
هل تعاني من كثرة مشكلات التلف داخل المنزل ولم تجد أفضل الحلول التي تساعدكَ على تخطي تلك المشكلات الصعب على الأشخاص العاديون القيام بحلها، ولكن لا قلق ولا خوف بعد الأن فنحن سوف نقدم إليكَ أفضل الحلول لعمل الصيانة المنزلية بالمدينة المنورة، فجميع سكان المدينة المنورة يعانون من وجود بعض من الأعطال المختلفة داخل منازلهم مثل تلف أدوات السباكة ومواسير المياه والصرف الصحي أو تعرض الأخشاب لأي نوع من الكسر أو احتياج عملاء المدينة المنورة لنجار يعمل على فك وتركيب الأثاث والأبواب والنافذ، أو وجود أعطال بالكهرباء وتلف الدهانات، فكل هذا وأكثر يوجد لدى شركتنا شركة الخدمات المنزلية بالمدينة المنورة، فشركتنا تتميز بالأمانة والمصداقية والشفافية فكل ما يرغب به العميل سوف يجده لدى شركتنا، كما أ، الشركة تعمل على تقديم العديد من خدمات الصيانة المنزلية بأقل وأرخص الأسعار التي تتناسب مع جميع عملاء المدينة المنورة.


فني سباكة بالمدينة المنورة
فني كهربائي بالمدينة المنورة
معلم بوية بالمدينة المنورة
رقم سباك بجدة
رقم كهربائي بجدة
رقم دهان بجدة
رقم فني دش بجدة
نجار بجدة
لزيارة موقعنا
https://ahbabelmadina.com




 

Post a Comment

<< Home