Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Good day...despite everything

Today started out bigger than I'm comfortable with, with some head-high waves, but by the time I got out had gotten a bit smaller. The sea was full of locals and regulars doing as much chatting as catching waves. K., my former friend and roommate, was at the center of it. Unfortunately she now hates me (due largely to backstabbing calumny heaped upon me by a third party who wanted to, and did, usurp the beach house). This makes surfing uncomfortable, at times, since I can't avoid her and she won't speak to me. Apparently I'm on some permanent, invisible shitlist.

Nevertheless I persisted. I was able to catch some waves on the new board, which made it OK. On the first, I was so surprised that I got going, and so fast, that I couldn't think to stand up....just had a good, long ride. On the second, once I caught the wave and got going I could tell there was going to be a drop, so I didn't stand up right away. (No one's ever been able to explain to me about the drop, why it happens and what it means.) But once the board dropped down, I was able to stand up briefly. Other waves, I blew in what I think were nosedives...I didn't really see what happened. One time, I took off well but couldn't get my feet in the right spot and fell as soon as I tried to stand.

K. left, D. came out. As I've said, he's one of the best surfers at this beach. It was interesting paddling out with him, seeing how he does it. It wasn't graceful and it wasn't pretty. He just went. He did a couple of turtledives, but other times he just ate it, lost the board and got pushed back. The thing was he didn't seem to care about getting smacked by the lip. Nor did he seem to put a lot of thought like I do into, "Can I go over this wave or should I go under?" He just kept going, no matter what, until he was out. He didn't get out that much faster than I did, though. Today I was actually proud of myself for the way I got out in what were more difficult conditions than usual. I also had some embarrassing wipeouts in front of D., who was rooting for me, but that's OK. Even though I had no rides, I had a good time.

3 Comments:

At Monday, November 10, 2014 4:52:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags, nike shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach purses, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, air max, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:02:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face jackets, instyler, canada goose uk, chi flat iron, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, nike roshe run, ugg boots, marc jacobs, ugg australia, insanity workout, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose, canada goose, new balance shoes, rolex watches, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, babyliss pro, mac cosmetics, p90x, ugg pas cher, soccer jerseys, wedding dresses, moncler, beats by dre, hollister, canada goose jackets, ghd, ugg boots, vans shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, ugg, moncler outlet, moncler, moncler, celine handbags, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, longchamp

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:16:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home