Friday, September 15, 2006

Moving to the beach!

I've been talking and thinking and dreaming about this for a while, now it's a reality...Grandma is moving to the beach! I've got an apartment, not in the house where I've been staying, but nearby. My new address actually has the word "Beach" in it twice, a lifelong dream come true! It's got a terrace overlooking the sea and a view from the living room windows. Actually I face right onto the break and can see from my window if there are any waves and who's out. I need no shoes and need cross only one street to walk onto the beach any time I want. Turn left and I'm right in the middle of whatever's going on, turn right and I can be alone if I want to. Oh yeah, down the street less than one block is our local surf shop. My new landlord is a surfer and I can take his dog for a run on the beach any time.

I will be able to wake up every morning and surf, if I so choose. And for those February onshore sessions it's not very far to run from freezing water to a nice warm shower and a drink. I am looking forward to getting out early in the mornings. Now, since I have a two minute walk instead of a four hour train ride, I can surf without killing the whole day.

It's going to be like living in a small town but I can have the city whenever I want to (though why I would want to, I don't know.)

I would want to live here even if I couldn't surf, but if this doesn't make me a good surfer, nothing will.

I can't even believe I'm really doing this. I am excited and scared. I am looking at my earthly possessions all packed into a mountain of boxes. Only three more days!

Meanwhile, the weekend is looking good---Weather Channel promises one last blast of summer---and I hope my board will be ready to go.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am SO jealous! Every move I have made in the last 14 years has had me inching toward the coast (Northern Oregon). I lived in Astoria, OR many many years ago. I was in love with it. I moved there during the winter and would talk late night or very early morning walks along the beach while it was misting or foggy. MAN I loved it there. I am SO SO jealous!

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOPS! I lived in Seaside, not Astoria! (Are my blonde roots showing?)

 
At Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:50:00 AM, Blogger Tillerman said...

Good for you. Enjoy.

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:15:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 
At Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

air force, hollister, burberry, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, nike air max, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet, oakley pas cher, sac guess, nike free run uk, michael kors, true religion jeans, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, lululemon, hogan, abercrombie and fitch, replica handbags, coach purses, kate spade handbags, north face, michael kors outlet, timberland, tn pas cher, north face, hollister pas cher, lacoste pas cher, converse pas cher, ugg boots, vanessa bruno, coach outlet, michael kors, nike air max, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, nike roshe, ugg boots, nike blazer, mulberry, true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, michael kors, hermes, true religion jeans, vans pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home