Sunday, August 20, 2006

Surfing is fun

I had a good Sunday, lots of sunshine and good little waves. Now that I am getting rides, surfing is actually fun again. Because I'm getting better, I'm having more fun with less effort, whereas before as longtime readers can attest, it was mostly all effort and no fun. I don't exhaust myself going for every wave in my determination to learn---that sure didn't work!

My first session Sunday lasted less than an hour, yet because I got a couple of good rides I was satisfied, and eager to go back for more after a long walk on the beach. You know, it's not easy trying to surf on a summer weekend when everyone is sitting there with nothing to do to amuse themselves but call every wave like it's a play in the Superbowl..."Oooh, look at Moe, he goes for it, he missed it!" I try to do well when friends and enemies are watching, but I get self conscious. Still, if I cared that much about how I look, I would never have learned.

I feel really great and have tons of energy. I think I've figured out my body's setpoint or whatever so that I can surf without having to sleep twelve hours afterwards like I used to, or else I've pushed my setpoint a bit. Either way I feel more fit than I have, like, ever, and my weight is staying down where it should be.

Three days surfing in a row and I'm ready for a fourth! Unfortunately I've got some appointments tomorrow I really can't cancel.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:21:00 PM, Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

glad to hear you are getting the hang of it, so frustrating at first. When I started out I was so out of shape. I started jogging to try and change that and it really helped. So jog, bike, aerobics class, whatever. You should notice a difference when you paddle out.

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 4:43:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags, nike shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach purses, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, air max, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:01:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face jackets, instyler, canada goose uk, chi flat iron, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, nike roshe run, ugg boots, marc jacobs, ugg australia, insanity workout, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose, canada goose, new balance shoes, rolex watches, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, babyliss pro, mac cosmetics, p90x, ugg pas cher, soccer jerseys, wedding dresses, moncler, beats by dre, hollister, canada goose jackets, ghd, ugg boots, vans shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, ugg, moncler outlet, moncler, moncler, celine handbags, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, longchamp

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:21:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home