Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Surfing and...

Today was a totally unexpected, unplanned surf session. The kind where you wake up, look out the window, and rearrange your plans for the day.

The waves were bigger and a bit tougher to figure out than they looked, and the wind adverse for most of the session, but I still got a couple of fun rides.

Now I gotta do a zillion other things. Honestly, if I told you how many things I have to do today, and how challenging they are, it would boggle your mind. It kind of makes me miss the old days when it took four hours to commute back and forth to the waves and surfing took up the whole day. It was kind of relaxing to know you had no other purpose that day but to surf (and then depressing if the session was bad and you'd blown off your work). Now that my commute is 30 seconds, I have most of the day left afterwards.

The only way to handle such a day is to just keep focused on one thing at a time, because if you think ahead to the four other things you have to do and the places you have to be before the end of the day, you will lose it.

Like last Sunday, I had to do a bookstore reading in the evening after surfing and sunning in 90 degree midday heat (and we all know what that takes out of you). I was pooped by 4 p.m. but the show had to go on. And it did.

All I can say is, Thank God for Red Bull. I don't know what I would do without it. That stuff kicks ass.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 06, 2009 7:53:00 AM, Anonymous Katie Austen said...

I would like to get in touch with you regarding a DVD review opportunity. I work for Acacia - a leading provider of health and wellness DVDs. Our yoga instructor, Shiva Rea, is an avid surfer and has produced a yoga video specifically for surfers - Surf Yoga Soul. Please let me know if you'd be interested in receiving!

Best,
Katie Austen
kausten@acornmedia.com

 
At Monday, May 11, 2009 4:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys -

I am Greek - born and raised in NYC - and I am looking to make new friends. I am 35yo, gay (but completely non-scene, non-attitude, no-drama) and comfortable with myself and who I am. I do not need to advertise the fact that I am gay but at the same time do not hide or deny it. I am a fun loving, sincere, caring and honest guy that is looking to make new friends with people that love life !! People that enjoy life in every way possible and respect the fact that other people have a viewpoint and want to have a say in a friendship as well. Over the years most of my close friends have moved far away, gotten married, etc. so the distance and lets face it - the time we have to spend with each other - has become very limited.

I do work a lot - but my job is not my life. I love many things including but not limited to - Music, Traveling, Coffee, Conversation, The Ocean, Driving, Shopping, Restaurants, Movies, Theatre, Museums, Surfing the Internet, Walking, Weekend Trips and much more. All of these things are great - having cool people to do them with is even better !

I am clean, healthy, drug free and do not smoke. I drink very very little (a glass of wine or a drink every now and then) and live a very relaxed and laid back life. I am a positive minded person and will always go out of my way to help my friends and people that I care for. And I expect the same in return from people that are close to me. Giving 100% of yourself - to get 50% in return is not the way it works. It is either 100% both ways or nothing as far as I am concerned.

If you care more about my appearance than who I am as a person please do not reply - I am looking for a platonic friendship - not a quick hook up or sex. There is a different category here on Craigslist if I wanted to find someone to have sex with. If however, you want to know about me as a person, etc. please email me and we can talk more..

Looking forward to

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:44:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home