Saturday, July 21, 2007

Waste of time

It was a notch smaller today, and thinking I'd gotten things figured out yesterday, I thought I would do well. I was stoked enough to get up and out early again.

It took me an hour just to get my hair wet. That's because I couldn't catch shit. The waves that looked so easy to catch from shore, weren't.

Plus weird vibes in the water. No, not sharks. I actually think I would prefer them. It's the disease that seems to be caused by the water here: formerly smiling faces turned stinkeye, friends turned distant or enemies. In other words, more casualties of the the local rumor/hate mill. It gets to everyone, in the end, then I'm like a detective trying to figure out what was said and when and by whom. Well, I always know who, it's one of the usual three suspects. One of whom has not said twenty words to me in her life, but has said plenty about me.

I was really kind of wasting my time in the cold water. Eventually I did get my hair wet, but didn't get up. And then I banged up my elbow up with my board. Time to quit. I felt guilty about the time spend so unproductively in the water and, after a little hanging on the beach, spent the rest of this sunny day working.

2 Comments:

At Monday, November 10, 2014 4:44:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags, nike shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach purses, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, air max, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:22:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home