Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We now return to surfing

Yes, I've been out surfing, three or so times since the last post. We shall return to surf blogging.

In the meantime, the SurfNazi women have taken a new turn, in which they have really gone too far. I. and E. have targeted a good friend of mine, and are trying to get him evicted from his apartment. They live in the same building. I. called up the landlord and spouted her usual lies, the same ones Tim (Hill, not J. as I called him; I don't need to anonymize people like that, I need to warn others about them) said to me on the beach that day (last post). I guess they come off as "sweet" and "blond" (though only one of them is hot) and he believed them. The landlord is threatening to evict my friend if he ever talks to me again. Poor man, he is so upset. He's lived in the building for many years, long before they decided to take it over and make it a nonstop surf party house. If they succeed in getting him out, that's exactly what it will be. A decent, regular guy like him, who works long and hard, is too old and boring for them apparently.

I have never met such vicious, narrowminded, meanspirited people in my life. How can anyone take such pleasure in trying to destroy others? I'm sure they're reading this and laughing.

And E. doesn't even drink, though I. does, so I can't blame alcohol. Anyone in my position would reasonably conclude that surfing makes people bitches and assholes.

But I digress.

My surf anniversary on July 3 came and went: four years. Fireworks etc. on July 4th were lots of fun. Somehow by the middle of the summer I've ended up with four guys' phone numbers I didn't have at the beginning. (I've only called three. And only one I really like.) And I've had good times at the beach, despite mostly small and crappy waves. Last session I managed to get up and riding despite that.

The best times were when one guy told me how good I was doing---that really made the session. (He's a beginner and worse than me, trying hard to stand up by the end of his first summer. The Schadenfreude guy.) And when I'm in the water with normal people as opposed to SurfNazis, it's no big deal: it's accepted that I can surf, inconsistently but I can. I am better than some and worse than others. Only someone with their own horrible issues projected onto me would scream at me to get out of the water.

I try to just focus on the people who are real. I don't care if they're dorky or not "cool" with the "in" crowd of Surfnazis. I've even been glad to see Barney (well, that's not his real name, but he's a Barney), the older, goofy looking beginner from last summer. Barney is still just Barney, thank God. He's not into stabbing anyone in the back.

When it's amazing to you that you can have a normal conversation with someone on your beach without them acting all weird or screaming at or threatening you or calling you names, you really know how f*d up the surf social scene is there.

9 Comments:

At Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Desperately trying to fit in? Let me pose this question to you. If all these people who are now screaming at you to get the hell out of the water suddenly started being real nice to you, would you want to hang out with them and become part of their group? If you answer yes, you are a fool, and you will only get what you deserve, a bunch of so called friends who will backstab you first change of the wind. I would hope if you are old enough to be a grandmother you could see this already.
Personally I would rather hang with the local Barney and consider him/her my best friend before having anything to do with the creeps you describe. Hang with nice people and you will be precieved as a nice person, hang with A-holes and gee guess what your precieved as? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, acts like a duck, and looks looks like a duck it must be a DUCK.
OK so they once treated you as a friend, fine, but now that you have seen their true colors, it is time to let it go and move on.
To be honest you are starting to sound like some high schooler complaining that the "Cool" group will not let you hang with them.
Life is short why would you want to waste any of it trying to be connected with negative people? Surely that can not make you happy. Look for the group of people who are positive and make you happy to be around and you will find life is so much sweeter and enjoyable. Time to wake up GGS school is over and it is time to get back into the real world :)

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey GGS
You should comment back on here so people have an idea of if you are even bothering to read our comments or if your blog is just a diary, where you only keep track of your daily feelings.
Also if you disagree with my comments I would love to hear back that you do, I do not claim to know all the answers and have been wrong many times in my life, but getting your perspective on what I responded would be cool. I have no intentions of attacking you here, and hopefully you do not precieve it that way because that is not my intention. I only respond because I believe that somewhere along the path you have lost your way and with some direction back to the positive lifestyle you may find yourself happier about surfing and life in general.

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 4:44:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, prada handbags, nike shoes, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, coach factory outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, coach purses, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, air max, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, air max, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:04:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, north face jackets, instyler, canada goose uk, chi flat iron, canada goose, abercrombie and fitch, bottega veneta, nike roshe run, ugg boots, marc jacobs, ugg australia, insanity workout, mcm handbags, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose, canada goose, new balance shoes, rolex watches, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, babyliss pro, mac cosmetics, p90x, ugg pas cher, soccer jerseys, wedding dresses, moncler, beats by dre, hollister, canada goose jackets, ghd, ugg boots, vans shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, herve leger, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, nfl jerseys, asics running shoes, ugg, moncler outlet, moncler, moncler, celine handbags, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, longchamp

 
At Monday, November 10, 2014 5:18:00 PM, Blogger oakleyses said...

parajumpers, pandora charms, moncler, vans, ugg, karen millen, ray ban, louboutin, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, thomas sabo, hollister, converse, montre homme, swarovski crystal, air max, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, ralph lauren, canada goose, swarovski, lancel, converse shoes, oakley, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, gucci, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, hollister, timberland boots, supra shoes, links of london, ugg, moncler, air max, rolex watches, canada goose, moncler

 
At Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

15917meiqing
marc jacobs
ralph lauren uk
prada outlet
christian louboutin outlet
sac longchamp
coach outlet
hermes uk
prada
barbour uk
true religion outlet
ed hardy outlet
nike elite socks
fitflop uk
fake oakley sunglasses
canada goose jackets
michael kors handbags
coach outlet store online
timberland boots
burberry outlet
longchamp handbags
juicy couture
louis vuitton
nike tn
nike trainers
christian louboutin uk
insanity workout
air jordans
cheap jerseys
oakley sunglases cheap
timberland boots uk

 
At Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:12:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

15917meiqing
ugg boots clearance
retro jordans
celine handbags
kate spade handbags
gucci
lebron james shoes
cheap oakleys
uggs on sale
ugg slippers
soccer shoes
pandora bracelets
kate spade uk
longchamp outlet
nike roshe run women
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
nike huarache trainers
ed hardy uk
air force 1
prada uk
kate spade
ray-ban sunglasses
toms outlet
timberland uk
polo outlet
ray bans
moncler outlet
ray ban sunglasses
adidas original trainers
mont blanc
replica watches

 
At Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:46:00 AM, Anonymous libraartic said...

Anda kesal karena situs tempat main poker anda memiliki tampilan yang berantakan dan sulit dimengerti ? tenang, anda dijamin tidak akan kesal lagi jika main di situs poker yang direview blog https://www.libraartic.com/ ini, karena punya tampilan yang rapih dan mudah dimengerti, baik dibuka lewat hp ataupun komputer

 
At Friday, September 25, 2020 12:16:00 AM, Blogger IDN poker uang asli said...


bermain judi di situs idn poker sekarang bisa melalui smartphone dan ios untuk mempermudah para pemain untuk bermain judi poker online, dengan permainan judi yang bisa dimainkan dengan lancar dan tanpa ada kecurangan, ditambah dengan bonus besar yang bisa menguntungkan semua pemain dengan mudah.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRk3DdXG5OiB0cl0BW4xFrQ/about?disable_polymer=true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home